Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Karma, Cliches, The Golden Rule and Justice...

Karma is a law in Hinduism which maintains that every act done, no matter how insignificant, will eventually return to the doer with equal impact. Good will be returned with good; evil with evil.



What comes around goes around is a cliche that means you will get what you deserve.


You reap what you sow is the basic nature of God's justice.




Do into others as you would have them do unto you is The Golden Rule. Many religions promote this as a rule to live by.


I would never wish anyone ill will. I do believe in living life by following the Golden Rule. I believe in Karma. And I believe in God's justice.


This is actually the final part of my story about imported puppies and puppy mills. I don't have much to say about how bad I think these people are. I am convinced that the people who import puppies are driven by greed. And greed is bad. Greedy people are bad. Greed makes good people do bad things.

There are many sickly puppies being cared for by families who have purchased puppies from these puppy mill puppy importers.There are many puppies with genetic problems which will lead to an early death or a painful life because of the unscrupulous puppy mill breeders and importers who do not care to breed for a better, healthier puppy. There are many families who are heartbroken because their puppy died after doing as much as possible to get a sick puppy well.


There are many sad stories. I have read most of them...and when I do it makes me feel sad, very sad.




Many of the people who purchased sick puppies from "D" filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, The IC3 (Internet Crimes/FBI) and the Texas Attorney General.



There are several lawsuits pending against "D" and her family, which includes her husband, sister and sister-in-law. I will be testifying against "D" in a lawsuit filed against her by the Texas Attorney General. I will also be testifying against her in a civil suit filed by an Austin, TX attorney. I am not the only witness, unfortunately there are many.







I am going to attach a newspaper article below regarding the lawsuit filed by the Texas Attorney General. I am doing this to spread the word about purchasing puppies from greedy people. The article is from Courthouse News:




September 18, 2008
State Busts Bulldog Sellers Charging Abuse
FORT WORTH (CN) - The State of Texas accuses a married couple and the wife's sister of running puppy mills, misrepresenting the diseased bulldogs they sell for $2,000 to $3,000 apiece, falsely claiming to have bred the dogs themselves, and refusing to replace dead dogs with healthy, live ones. The defendants are Kristy O'Neal dba EPuppyPro aka EPuppyPro.com; her husband, Charles O'Neal, also dba T.B. Elite Marketing LLC dba EPuppyPro.com and Lobopuppies.com; her sister, Melody Edwards dba Lobopuppies aka Lobopuppies.com; and Vickie O'Neal Alvord, an officer of T.B. Elite Marketing and epuppypro.com and lobopuppies.com. The O'Neals operate out of North Richland Hills, Texas, Edwards out of Hurst.
The state alleges: The defendants misrepresented the health of at least four sick puppies, claiming they had been checked by vets; one died the day after arrival; another one died soon thereafter; one has "two genetic disorders which left it unable to walk or stand." One puppy the defendants sold was ill on arrival and died within 6 weeks. The defendants advertise their dogs with alleged testimonials from customers, but at least one such customer "made no such statements and remains dissatisfied with his or her purchasing experience."
The defendants use AKC and other trademarks to advertise their dogs, but refuse to provide AKC papers when requested. The defendants misrepresent themselves as the dogs' breeders, but the dogs have tattoos indicating they were imported. One puppy, which Kristy O'Neal misrepresented as bred at her home and "her kids' favorite" went to the purchaser "straight from the airport immediately after being imported."
The state demands penalties of up to $20,000 per violation.


If you must have a specific breed and/or you want a registered puppy...I can understand that. Just do your "homework" before you buy. Better yet...adopt or rescue a dog from a shelter!




If you would like more information about imported Bulldogs, go to http://www.bulldogsvoice.com/ or http://www.thewrongpuppy.com/
On a happier note...
Many of my blog friends have commented on my kitchen and asked for more photos. I plan to take some photos this weekend and do a post on my little, teeny, tiny cottage kitchen next week.

3 comments:

cherry said...

I KNOW it! Infuriates me. THat is why we got our animals at the Humane Society instead of through a dealer. cherry

nikkicrumpet said...

It does make me sick. I wish I had the luxury of just going to a shelter and getting a cute little mutt. Unfortunately I have asthma and allergies that cause me to be allergic to most animals. However there are a few select breeds and a few select animals inside those breeds that do allow me to own a pet. Crumpet is a Wheaton Terrier and Ozzie is a mini-shnauzer...both breeds are hypoallergenic and don't generally cause allergy problems. I was thrilled when I found out that I could actually own a dog. But it forced us to go to a breeder so that we could select a dog that would not make me sick. The place we used had very happy healthy dogs and they looked well taken care of. I guess there is no way to be 100% positive but we were so pleased with Crumpet that we returned back to the same people and got Ozzie. I hate the idea of anyone helping those horrible places stay in business. And I wish there was some way to rescue all of those poor puppies. I don't understand how anyone could be abusive to such sweet animals. I hope they get what's coming to them. And I'm glad you get a chance to see that justice is done!

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you