Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sisterly Love ~ and Thank You...My Friends


Best Friends and Sisters, too ~ Ms. Maggie Mae is giving Punkie Brewster a sweet hug!My Sweet Sally is gone but not forgotten...We've shed a pool of tears this week but are doing better with each passing day. We miss Sally so much but had expected that she would be leaving for the Rainbow Bridge soon. Sally was about 13 years old and had a heart murmur. Her little heart was just worn out. She had trouble breathing for the last week. It was so hard watching her struggle for each breath. She was such a trooper. If you didn't know it, you would have never known she was an old girl with a bad heart. She still played like a puppy and never lost her appetite. She was a little beggar and always managed to get her way when it came to getting an extra treat or a scrap of something off my dinner plate. We miss her but are relieved that she is not suffering any longer.

Thank you sweet blog friends for all the heart felt comments about Sally's passing. We read each and every comment. It is so heartwarming to know that there are so many animal lovers who felt our pain and expressed sympathy with such benevolence. The compassion that each comment expressed was overwhelming. Thanks to each and every one who showed such sympathetic kindness. I'm happy to call you my friends...

8 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That is wonderful picture of Maggie Mae and Punkie. So Sweet!
(((hugs))) Of course little Sally will always be in your hearts.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

So so sorry to hear about your sweet Sally! Your right though at least she is not suffering );
Hugs~Kelly

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

You fixed it!!!!! Thank you!!!!! I am sooo glad you are back!

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

Maybe not completely fixed. Try and click on yours in my favorites. I don't get it.

Donna said...

Donna, that's an adorable photo of Maggie Mae and Punky Brewster! I understand the buckets of tears, for sure. They are all so precious, aren't they?... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...

I came here, because of the 'cottage' in your blog name. I love cottages. I'm sorry to find you in pain, but wish you healing, with time.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia
"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death." ~Anais Nin

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

What did you do to fix it!!!! Thanks!!!!

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

Donna,

Everything is great! I am a pharmaceutical rep and launching a new drug so I have been extremely busy working alot-10-12 hr. days! Haven't been able to blog alot but saw baby Aiden and smiled. Precious, I loved the doggies too! Sorry to hear about sally. We have 2 and love them! Thanks for asking how I am doing...Have a great day!

Jena